Financial Controller - SaaS startup
£65/75k + share options
Talentdge are partnering with an immensely high growth tech startup who are literally disrupting one of the most outdated consumer areas and bringing into the 21st Century! With both a B2C & B2B offering as well as having the backing of Tier 1 venture capital investors, this is an organisation who are embarking on a very exciting journey which you could be a part of.
As Financial Controller, you will be responsible for improving the initial infrastructure within finance and building out from there.
You'll be fantastic for this role if you are a pro-active self-starter who is on a fast track career trajectory. If you are equally as happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in with double entry booking as you are business partnering the CEO/Founder, then we want to hear from you!
Key responsibilities to include:
• Take ownership for the finance infrastructure, ensuring all processes and controls are scalable
• Improve and streamline existing financial controls and processes, using technology to automate
• Preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts with analysis and commentaries
• Statutory reporting and tax work
• Maintain relationship and oversee postings of outsourced accountancy firm who manage AP and AR
• Support FP&A Manager on financial modelling and commercial activities
• Business partnering the CEO/Founder
• In time, recruit and build a small finance team (likely consisting of a NQ accountant and bookkeeper) to fully in-house all of finance
• Fully qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years post qualified experience within a high growth tech business
• Strong academic background with a 2:1 or above from a top-tier university
• Experience of managing a day-to-day accounting function
• Xero experience
• Seeking a fun & casual environment where both collective working and individual excellence are rewarded