Financial Controller (1st finance hire) - EdTech startup
£60k + share options
Talentedge are exclusively partnering with a VC backed EdTech startup who are currently growing 45% month-on-month.
In what is their first finance hire, you will be tasked with bringing in-house the company finances from an external accountancy firm & build a best-in-class function, setting up all processes, controls, systems and financial metrics.
You'll be fantastic for this role if you are seeking a commercial yet technical finance role whereby you'll have total autonomy to support this rapidly scaling business. Key responsibilities to include:
• Design and roll out key financial processes and controls to support this rapidly scaling business
• Deliver the monthly board pack including management accounts and KPI reporting
• Own all budget, forecasting and variance analysis. Track key performance metrics
• Produce investor and other stakeholder reporting packs
• Support future funding rounds
• Statutory reporting and tax work
• Manage transactional finance, using technology to automate where possible
• Qualified accountant with a strong academic background
• A high growth tech background
• Mathematical and data driven in approach, with advanced Excel. Ability to use data analytics tools would be an advantage
• Xero experience
• Effective communicator, comfortable working with teams across the business
Please get in touch ASAP!