Reporting into the Senior Finance Manager the role is responsible for all aspects of forecasting, accounting and reporting for a UK a division within this leading TV network.
The role also has a commercial element assisting business leads with any ad hoc queries regarding profitability, channel performance and commercial deals.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Forecasting, actualising and reporting (P&L and Cash)
• Maintaining and accurately updating the Sales model, continuing process improvements.
• Maintaining a weekly Risks & Opps tracker for distribution to key business/financial stakeholders
• Tracking and understanding the KPIs and drivers of revenue performance; using them to provide insightful variance analysis
• Loading P&L and Cash forecasts into the financial system on a monthly basis across all brand entities
• Providing the New York head office with monthly P&L commentary; making sure it is relevant and concise
• Assisting commercial team with set up and revenue recognition of Carve Out deals, both Revenue and Costs
• Assisting the relevant Business/Commercial teams for any ad hoc financial analysis and evaluation of commercial opportunities/risks
• Assisting with annual audit requirements and SOX processes
• Providing a month-end pack including revenue booked, variance analysis to prior year and budget/ forecast, back-up to the accrued revenue
• Working on ad-hoc financial analysis and evaluation of commercial opportunities that arise
• Newly Qualified Accountant - ACA from Practice or CIMA
• Experience of working in a media environment is an advantage but not essential.
• Advanced excel skills with experience of dealing with complex models
• Ability to work towards tight deadlines, high level of attention to detail and commercial acumen